Hopewell Baptist Church is a family of believers with the following beliefs:
1. God—We believe that there is one God who exists in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
2. Jesus—We believe that Jesus is the Son of God, was born of a virgin, was wholly God and wholly man, lived a sinless life, died in our place as a sacrifice for the sins of mankind, was buried, arose bodily from the grave, and ascended into Heaven.
3. Christ’s Return—We believe that Jesus Christ will literally return to earth.
4. Holy Spirit—We believe that God the Holy Spirit is active in convincing unbelievers of their need for salvation, and is the Comforter and Guide Who lives in every believer.
5. Bible—We believe that the Bible is the Word of God without any error, the sole authority for life and faith.
6. Man—We believe that man is a special creation of God, made in His image, but that through the sin of the first man, Adam, mankind fell so that all men are sinners and need salvation.
8. Assurance—We believe that every person who is truly saved is eternally secure in the Lord Jesus Christ.
10. Baptism—We believe that water baptism is an act of obedience to the command of Christ and is by immersion after salvation.
11. Church—We believe that the church is a local body of baptized believers with the Lord Jesus Christ as the Head.
12. Prayer—We believe that each believer has direct access to God through the Lord Jesus Christ.
13. Government—We believe in the separation of church and state, but not in separation of God and government. Christians are salt and light in society.